The Ross Socolof Award
The Ross Socolof Award recognizes individuals or institutions that have made a significant contribution to the cichlid hobby through their commercial activities. Nominees for this award can come from any arena in the tropical fish industry. An ideal candidate may have:
- concentrated a significant portion of their venture/career on the promotion of cichlids.
- provided significant financial support for cichlid-specific research or conservation.
- invented or developed technologies that have been used to improve cichlid keeping or advance the hobby of cichlid keeping.
- been a leader/pioneer in the discovery, importation, and introduction of new cichlid species for commercial purposes.
- been a leader/pioneer in the propagation of cichlids and/or the development of important tank strains of cichlids for commercial purposes.
- been a leader in publishing books or other literature that promotes cichlids and cichlid keeping.
- made any other significant contribution to the cichlid hobby in the pursuit of commercial interests.
- Laif DeMason
- Stuart Grant